Friday, August 11, 2006

I take Ed Levin's Food Rorschach Test

Ed Levine Eats: First Annual ELE Food Rorschach Test: "
* 1) Haggen Dasz or Ben & Jerry's?

Ben and Jerry's, because at least they started out cool before selling their souls to capitalism.

* 2) Skippy or Jif?
Jif Chunky, because it's what's in my cupboard right now.

* 3) Bagel or Bialy?
Bagel. Bialys are for people who are too pussy to eat a fucking bagel.

* 4) Whipped or Regular Cream Cheese?

I whip women, cream, and butter for spreading, but not cream cheese. That's why you toast the bagel. Hell, that's why you USE a bagel.

(after writing this I remembered my mom reads this blog. but she'd be more upset that I censored myself because I was worried about her. yay cool free-speech moms.)

* 5) Relish or Sauerkraut on your hot dogs?

Relish. Saurkraut is just too saur. *har*

* 6) Milk or Dark Chocolate?

Dark. Duh.

* 7) Salted or Sweet Butter?

Salted, because I don't get to the store often enough.

* 8) Pastrami or Corned Beef on a Deli Sandwich?

I know the rule is no equivocation, but fuck Ed Levine, this is my blog. Corned beef anywhere but New York City, pastrami in the Big Apple, because outside of NYC, no one knows fuckall about pastrami, but corned beef requires malevolence to screw up.

* 9) French Fries or Onion Rings?

Onion rings. They're the only Sysco institutional restaurant product that I would pay for.

* 10) Espresso, Regular Coffee or Latte?

Latte, I taste bitter more than most. (vanilla latte, mind you)

* 11) Crispy or Pliant Bacon?

Pliant, crispy edges.

* 12) White or Dark Meat (on either chicken or turkey)?"

Dark meat. More flavor, more room to fuck up when you cook it, can marinate in some intense brews for a long time, resulting in through-and-through flavorliciousness.

I would add a 13th question: What does wasabi taste like?

If you've had real, I think that should count for something.

Oh, and Robyn blogrolled me. YAY! I'm only a bus ticket and a very awkward hello away from cooking a mad bubbling pot of green curry goodness for this woman.

No comments: